This particular activity came about because Jacob’s school was hosting a “GLOW Disco” (glow in the dark) and we didn’t own any clothing that glowed. Naturally I thought how about we create something to wear! There was no brief, they just got to have fun and create/paint whatever they wanted and it was so beautiful to watch!
You will need:
- Plain T-shirts (I chose white to stand out in the dark but any light pastel colour would work) I purchased ours from Big W and they were less than $3 each
- Fabric Paints Officeworks has a great range of the ‘Tulip’ fabric paints. We went with the NEON pack and they’re easy for little hands to squeeze out.
- Brushes Any will do, it’s just to let their creativity flow and blend out the blobs. The thicker the paint the longer the drying time… and lets be honest they like to get a little heavy handed with the squeezing!
- Water and paper towel for the brushes
- Something to put inside the tshirts so the front and back don’t stick together (I put some thick little whiteboards between and a craft pad inside the other)
- Art smocks (if you don’t want your little ones to get it on their clothes)